Bring a friend and share the outdoors plus get some garden maintenance work done. Introduce someone to the South Hadley Community Garden and we can arrange a guided tour to share the visual green story of how the garden began, the variety of crops grown – veggies, flowers and fruit trees.
This is the Garden Tasks List 2017 . The 2018 list will be prepared during the winter planning meeting held in February.
This is a newly created chart with each garden task listed, how often task is performed, volunteers who performed task, time spent and comments section!
Click on link to view chart.
Thanks for your volunteer efforts……this makes the garden look good!
Sample of tasks to be done:
- Mowing the front grass along Rt 47
- Mowing the grass in the middle common meeting area
- Weeding the front flower garden
- Weeding pathways and other areas of the garden in need of weeding
- Laying and updating paper and wood chips along garden pathways
- Hose maintenance
- Help to install rabbit prevention fencing
- Garden tools and wagon maintenance and upkeep